Translate

Friday 30 November 2012

Not the End of the World, just the end of this.

It's been over a month since I've had any real drive to write anything here so I think this'll be it.  I just don't feel that I have anything new to add, in effect I have run through all of my opinions on anything I'd write about; I really wanted to stimulate some discussion here but that has not really worked either.  I'm not sure exactly what happened but I find it much harder to get worked up about this stuff, and the intemperate rant was the lifeblood of this blog. 

The problem is of course me and not whoever is/is not reading my stuff, but the good news is that the demise of AotF won't disappoint too many people.  The blog has survived a lot of upheavals in my life including a combat tour to Afghanistan, but it's tired so it's time to retire it.  Maybe when I retire as well I'll find a new life for this, but that's a few years off yet so don't hold your breath. 

There are some real diamonds in all of this rough, so I remain pleased with the six years that AotF has skulked in its' obscure corner of the interweb.  At the end of the day, if I have managed to make even one person actually THINK about something as opposed to just parroting what the schools and media indoctrinate them with, I will count it a sucess. 

No comments: